The Collaborative Writer Forum For Aspiring and Published Writers

Trying to work at writing like a job

in Introduce yourself, if you're ready to come out from behind the curtains where you've been hiding Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:44 am
by Jude • 1 Post

Hi everyone,
Last year I made a decision to get serious about my writing. Want it to be an occupation instead of just an idle hobby. I find it hard to be disciplined and while my aim is to spend a few hours five days a week writing, I do that in enthusiastic bursts from time to time before I get distracted or burn out. Anyone have tips how I might make writing a permanent daily habit? Time is not a problem I am very lucky to have few commitments.

Hope to see this forum busy and thriving before long, it is such a good idea.

Love from Jude

I write because I don't know what to think.

Scroll up

RE: Trying to work at writing like a job

in Introduce yourself, if you're ready to come out from behind the curtains where you've been hiding Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:57 am
by Alison (deleted)

Thank you, Jude, for the love. :-) As for making writing a permanent daily habit... okay, that can either be very hard or very simple. A lot depends on everything else you've got going on, and what you say to yourself about writing. Let me know the details about your life, your expectations, what you need and want from writing, and then we'll have more information to go from to make some suggestions. I do know that even very busy people can fit writing every day into their lives, and/but it requires seeing writing as crucial to your life.

collaborative-writer.com

Scroll up

RE: Trying to work at writing like a job

in Introduce yourself, if you're ready to come out from behind the curtains where you've been hiding Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 am
by mtrybak • 1 Post

I'm just curious as this was discussed a year and a half ago, were you ever able to make it work for you Jude? And if so, how? I'm struggling with the same issue as you and can use any help I can get.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: junemoonchild
Board Statistics
The forum has 62 topics and 179 posts.