The Collaborative Writer Forum For Aspiring and Published Writers

No, "frack You"

in Go ahead. Vent like Vesuvius. Thu May 26, 2011 4:04 pm
by Mary • 16 Posts

The most current destruction to our planet I have read about is called "fracking", a process used to obtain natural gas from mountains. The effects from this procedure can actually ignite your drinking water on fire! In addition, we are now even more able to consume many toxic chemicals. Fracking could actually be occurring just a few miles from where you live and you may not even know! As mankind continues to suck out all of the natural elements contained in the soul of the Earth, eventually the Earth will get really annoyed and probably suck all of us inside. Then what will we do? Before we try any other new inventions to obtain natural resources, maybe some of the Corporate heads need to be told by the people they shouldn't be using the approach "when all else fails, read the directions".
Many of the methods being used today are not very sustainable for the children of the future. So if you become aware of this process in your area, just tell the corporations like Exxon, no thanks, "frack you".

Scroll up

RE: No, "frack You"

in Go ahead. Vent like Vesuvius. Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:17 pm
by collaborativewriter • 85 Posts

Okay, since I think i moved what you said here to this section, it's fine where it is. Otherwise, if someone comes into this conversation, and sees the comments back and forth between you and I, they might get confused, so I removed them. As I recall, I moved your comment about fracking from the "share your writing" section up above.

http://collaborative-writer.com
http://collaborativewriter.wordpress.com/

Last edited Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm | Scroll up

in Go ahead. Vent like Vesuvius. Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:20 am
by Capucine • 14 Posts

Cracking and Ethanol are just political pretense that America will become an independent oil producer, pumping sufficient to satisfy local demand. It is the demand which is the problem, not the supply. No politician can tolerate the idea that electricity will not be available 24 hours a day for all citizens who pay their bill, nor that the price of gas will be limited in volume and sold at it's true economic and ecological price, i.e., around twelve to fifteen dollars a gallon. The addition charge for gas could be a tax to pay for universal health care or some other useful activity. The high price will automatically reduce consumption, which in turn reduces the desperation of the suppliers to find and process energy sources. You can resolve the fracking by making it unnecessary. Our children's children will be harnessing solar power or if they fail in that they will be generating electricity by humn effort alone, becausevthere will be no cheap fossil fuels to be had.

I sympathize with the fate of anyone who finds themselves living near any major dirty industry. That is one of the reasons why they have exported them with all their jobs.

Capucine

Scroll up

in Go ahead. Vent like Vesuvius. Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm
by Mary • 16 Posts

I agree, supply is not the problem. But what is the real truth? It all depends on who you talk to, where you live demographically, one's individual belief system, and what media you listen to or view. If we were all in the same room with a cup of coffee, perhaps it may be easier to correspond ideas. Residents from Nevada were in Washington, trying to refrian Obama from signing the tar sands pipeline into effect. People were out there in their suits and ties, trying to save the ecosystem and many were arrested for civil disobedience. Some politicians could tolerate reading by candlelight if they had to, probably not many. Those that could use candlelight probably are trying to come up with ways of creating jobs by repairing our infrastructures, and using biofuels. How can we continue to be the United States of America when the people in power remain so divided? Why have the American people been labeled as "consumers?"

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: junemoonchild
Board Statistics
The forum has 62 topics and 179 posts.