The Collaborative Writer Forum For Aspiring and Published Writers

Play nicely

in Collaborative Writer's Forum Rules: Please Read Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:34 am
by collaborativewriter • 85 Posts

If you've spent any time at all in a writer's group, you know that traditional writers' groups rely on critiquing each others' work. That's not our purpose here. Although I want to encourage you to share your writing with me and with each other, what I want to discourage is the need to be right, if by being "right" we mean "being cruel" or harsh in judgement of one another.

This board is for collaboration and inspiration, not competition. No pressure, just support for writers and writer-wannabes. Discussion of everything and anything of interest to beginning and otherwise interested but possibly blocked writers who need support, not judgement. Comments on others' writing is always welcome, but I'd like to avoid intimidation and one-upsmanship, please.

Aside from that, short of being boring, tedious, repetitious, or really nasty, go at it. Feel free to express yourself, but please remember to try to follow those basic kindergarten rules you learned of not throwing sand and not making anyone cry.

Last edited Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: junemoonchild
Board Statistics
The forum has 62 topics and 179 posts.