The Collaborative Writer Forum For Aspiring and Published Writers

Verve, Video, & Venom!

in Go ahead. Vent like Vesuvius. Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:33 pm
by Mary • 16 Posts

I have been trying to meet like-minded people in my area, so I always pick up one of the free monthly "natural magazines" usually displayed on the counter near the check-out in the health food store I frequent. I am trying to become more educated in the field of nutrition along with developing a stronger mind/body connection. When I got home, I started leafing through the classified section in the magazine, hoping to find some good seminars for the summer. I saw a meditation seminar, and a nutrition seminar. I thought, wow, this is great, so I scheduled a slot for myself in both of them. When I arrived, there was no one but me at either of these events except for the "instructors". On both occasions, they slapped me down in front of a television, popped in a video and left the room. Shortly towards the end of the video, the instructors come back into the room with the response "well, what to do you think?" If I tried to ask any in- depth questions pertaining to the subject, they would tell me "you have to sign up." The fee to learn meditation was two-thousand dollars, this was a lifetime fee that was suppose to have "credibility in any state I should happen to visit" -huh? The other fee was seven-thousand dollars and if I didn't sign up within one week, the fee would go up as this was a "special price" being offered to me. I left both events saddened and still devoid of meeting others. I am now really offended by sales videos and people asking for fees. -Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is this the new way to enlightenment?

Scroll up

RE: Verve, Video, & Venom!

in Go ahead. Vent like Vesuvius. Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am
by collaborativewriter • 85 Posts

What?? How odd. I've never heard of anything like this. I have to wonder if this is "normal" in the New America, where apparently, it is acceptable to treat an adult like a kindergartener. ??

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: junemoonchild
Board Statistics
The forum has 62 topics and 179 posts.