The Collaborative Writer Forum For Aspiring and Published Writers

Writing "Tip"/Idea of the day

in List as many ideas as you can come up with Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 am
by collaborativewriter • 85 Posts

Okay, I just realised, with that heading, I could be promising something I cannot deliver, not on a daily basis, but here's an idea that forms the core of what I believe in, when it comes to collaboration and working with other writers so as to inspire yourself:

Get Another set of eyes: Ask Someone To Read Your Work

Find an objective friend or family member, or better still, another writer. Ask them to read what you have written and give you some feedback. What can be improved upon? What did they not understand? Which parts were tough reading? Believe me, it's better to find this out now than when after your book is published and when it is being reviewed! [I didn't write this; this was taken/stolen from someone else's website, hence the focus on publishing.]

However, it does speak to the core "idea" of working with someone else; you can't do this all alone, nor should you. Your writing benefits from having another set of eyes on it. Not judgemental eyes! Someone who is like you is preferable. Not your clone, just someone who cares that you are getting what you want and need from the writing experience, someone who questions your choices (nicely) and asks such great, incisive questions that it makes you look at what you've written and go "ah, NOW I see what I should have said!" Ideally, the other set of eyes inspires you and creates the Eureka moment we all hope for.

Last edited Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: junemoonchild
Board Statistics
The forum has 62 topics and 179 posts.